Place Services is a multi-disciplinary consultancy within Essex County Council (ECC) providing planning and environmental services to support the Council, local authorities and other public bodies to deliver its role in sustainable development.
Working under the direction of the Principal Arboricultural Consultant and Natural Environment Manager, you will deliver a range of high quality, professional, client-focused arboricultural services to support the commercial viability of Place Services.
The role requires sound arboricultural knowledge, with experience of delivering tree surveys for a variety of purposes, and the ability to manage a complex workload. The role combines ECC Tree Officer functions and project work, together with external consultancy.
Knowledge, skills and experience* Level 4 qualification in Arboriculture or having achieved another relevant professional qualification;
* Membership of a relevant professional body, such as Arboricultural Association (Technician) or Institute of Chartered Foresters, with evidence of continuous professional development;
* Knowledge of legislation, planning policy and good practice relating to arboriculture;
* Experience of undertaking professional tree surveys for a variety of purposes and demonstrably good tree identification skills;
* Experience of dealing effectively with clients even when faced with difficult situations;
* Able to prioritise work whilst maintaining focus on key projects or activities, within defined timescales;
* Good written and verbal communication skills, with appropriate IT competency;
* A good and developing understanding of commercial practices.
Please note this role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area and therefore a valid driving licence and use of a car is required, unless the role can be undertaken effectively by alternative transport arrangements
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.