Customer Relationship Officer
Working as part of Children’s Services will provide a challenging and rewarding career. We have high ambitions for the children and young people of Kensington and Chelsea. We have formed a bi-borough Children’s Services team with colleagues from Westminster City Council. Our services, which include education, family services and safeguarding, have been rated Outstanding by Ofsted, and our drive to be the best doesn’t stop there. By working with us, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to young people in one of the world’s most diverse cities.
If you would like to play a part in this unique team, please take a look at the vacancies below.
Joining our busy team Complaints team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to young people in one of the world’s most diverse cities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of customer engagement activity, including the statutory and corporate complaints process, Freedom of Information requests, Subject Access Requests and Councillor and MP enquiries.
This post plays a key role in promoting and embedding a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and enterprise that challenges existing practice and develops new, more effective means of improving Children’s outcomes.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- You’ll have the ability to work under pressure and to competing deadlines.
- You’ll demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
• To be responsible for the effective coordination and management of statutory complaints, Subject Access Requests, Freedom of Information Requests, Members Enquiries, MP Enquiries and Corporate complaints
• To act as a first point of contact for anyone with any queries about the procedure or making complaints
• To deal sensitively with telephone calls and visitors, providing information and advice on
• To regularly interview complainants over the phone or in person and prepare statements containing accurate accounts of their complaints, promoting high levels of customer care
• To be responsible for screening and processing of Children’s/ Adult’s Services complaints at all stages of the complaints procedure, assessing levels of risk and advising senior managers of any implications for the complainant and the Council
• To advise managers within Children’s/ Adult’s Services and external investigators on the investigation and management of complex complaints in accordance with the regulations and statutory guidance
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Adult Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Children's Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)