Finance Assistant (P2P & Income)
Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
The Finance Assistant supports the Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income teams to deliver the business plan for financial transactions. With a working knowledge of Financial processes and systems across P2P and Income, ensuring data or income is input accurately, timely and within policy and legislation standards.
Experienced in working as a team member across a flexible and multi skilled workforce, delivering excellent customer service to a variety of Functions by maintaining financial transactions and data within local systems. Recognising and supporting changes in technology to streamline the customer experience.
* Contributes to the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
* Responsible for processing and managing financial transactions, following defined business processes, inputting and interpreting data to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
* Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
* Provides support and guidance to internal and external customers in a professional manner, in line with Financial processes, ensuring that policy and legislation are met.
* Carries out basic reporting for P2P and Income and external customers, which contributes to the management of organisational performance, maximises income and ensures compliance with Financial Regulations and ECC Policies.
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P and Income to deliver finance support.
* Recommend process improvements and redesign to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency.
* Contributes to maintaining currency on legislation changes and translating these into local policy and procedure, to identify and review potential changes in technology.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
* Some knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience would be desirable.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
* Level of good competency using Microsoft office packages including, Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Ability to interpret varied information for supporting continuous improvements in service delivery.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulner-able adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.