Sector Engagement Lead - SELEP - South East LEP Area
The role will cover the South East LEP area - for more information and a map of this area please review the SELEP web site.
The South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) is a partnership of the private and public sector which drives economic growth across East Sussex, Kent, Medway, Essex, Southend and Thurrock. SELEP is an external body for which ECC is the Accountable Body.
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective engagement with stakeholders across the SELEP area, primarily through SELEP working groups and sector organisations, to support delivery of agreed strategic objectives. The post holder will quickly build knowledge of the work of these groups to act as a central point of contact, providing advice, technical input and support.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a number of sector based and thematic workstreams whereby they will support the development and monitoring of a programme of work.
The role requires strong relationship management skills, understanding of Government economic policy and tact and diplomacy to work within a complex partnership environment.
* Maintain an overview of relevant LEP activity to ensure that work-streams are appropriately integrated and supported across the wider partnership.
* Programme and project manage a range of SELEP activities, exercising an advanced level of expertise in analysing and presenting information, securing and deploying funding, managing work programmes with key deliverables and influencing the wider LEP policy landscape.
* Establish and facilitate the operation of pan-LEP groups as required, ensuring that this work is evidence based and strategically aligned to the overarching SELEP objectives.
* Build a network of external contacts in order to gather intelligence and share ideas about policy and project development.
* Be an ambassador for SELEP, representing the organisation at events and promoting its standing as a leading Local Enterprise Partnership.
* Ensure regular and close liaison with the working groups and other key organisations with Strategic Board members - offering policy and project management support in making connections with the wider LEP and other stakeholders as required.
* Oversee delivery of a programme of activities to influence priority areas of work as defined by SELEP strategies and support relevant sector/working groups to ensure there are clear objectives and delivery plans in place which support these strategies.
* Support and monitor the successful execution of work programmes aligned to the working groups and support their evaluation and reporting.
* Liaise with Secretariat and Accountable Body colleagues on issues relating to funding and governance and ensure compliance with the accountable body's finance, procurement, personnel and other systems.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
This role has no direct line management or budget management responsibility. However, it will help to inform the wider strategic direction of the partnership and where appropriate will support working groups to navigate and apply for relevant funding opportunities.
The role will also work closely with the SELEP Programme Manager to ensure a joined-up approach to effective engagement across a range of networks and groups.
This position will initially be based from home. The main office is based in Chelmsford and some travel to the office may be required in the future, in addition to travel to meetings across the SELEP area. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Degree and/or appropriate professional qualification relevant to the field of Economic Development.
* Evidence of continued professional development, with expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Experience of successful relationship management in a challenging public or private sector setting, including strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Relevant experience of project/programme management and of successfully delivering outcomes in a complex environment
* Accomplished presenter and fluent written communication skills
* Able to work with senior business people including politicians and senior local authority officers.
* Experience or an understanding of governance matters in the public or private sector
* Experience of working in a political environment (desirable).