Economic Data Analyst - SELEP - South East LEP Area
Please note that while listed with Chelmsford as the primary location, existing members of the SELEP team reside across Essex, Kent, East Sussex and beyond and therefore we welcome applications across a wide spatial geography and being home based is an option that can be agreed with the successful applicant.
The role will cover the South East LEP area - for more information and a map of this area please review the SELEP web site.
The South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) is a partnership of the private and public sector which drives economic growth across Essex, East Sussex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock. SELEP is an external body for which ECC is the Accountable Body.
The Economic Data Analyst will provide support to SELEP strategy team. The team leads on strategy and intelligence, including the production and implementation of SELEP strategies and a comprehensive evidence base. The team work widely, to ensure that strategies are informed by and aligns with plans and evidence that are developed across the federated areas of the LEP and by neighbouring LEPs.
The role will build upon a strong foundation of evidence, including the Local Industrial Strategy evidence base produced in 2019 and the data and intelligence web portal established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, developing high quality data collection and analysis which is accessible and presented in an easily digestible format.
* Responsible for developing an analytical toolkit and data sources that underpin SELEP strategies and ensuring information is gathered and captured in a timely and regular manner
* Responsible for driving economic data requirements within SELEP to ensure that the strategy and work of the LEP is evidence based and where possible quantifiable in its outcomes and impacts
* Collect and analyse data on a regular basis to support the setting and monitoring of the SELEP Strategic Board Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other indicators set either internally or by Government
* Leading on the collection and analysis of economic and social impact data, related to LEP funding, including local growth funding and generate regular progress reports for a range of audiences
* Lead on the collection, analysis and sharing of LEP data to support the wider work of the LEP including its working groups, federated boards and partners
* Support in the creation or evaluation of business cases and utilise data to provide recommendations, based on evidence, to senior officers and business leaders to meet established needs.
* Work collaboratively with the SELEP Skills Advisory Panel Data Analyst to ensure join up and coherent and consistent data presentation.
* Responsible for ensuring SELEP compliance with any Government expectations around governance, ensuring complete transparency at all times.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
This role has no direct line management or budget management responsibility. However, it will help to inform the wider strategic direction and funding investments for SELEP.
This position will initially be based from home. The main office is based in Chelmsford and some travel to the office may be required in the future, in addition to travel to meetings across the SELEP area.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience* Educated to at least RQF level 3 (A level) with a relevant professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable work experience within the area of data and ideally, economic data analysis.
* Evidence of continued professional development, with expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Significant experience of leading data analysis and evaluation.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to write clear and concise reports with logical recommendations.
* Highly competent use of computer software such as Microsoft Excel and data packages.
* Understanding of national economic and SELEP priorities.
* Experience of working on data analytics within an economic development setting is highly desirable
* Experience of partnership working is desirable