The Royal Borough of Greenwich is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and organised individual to support the Council's Scrutiny Function as it holds the Council's executive to account and reviews areas of key importance to the Borough.
As a Scrutiny Officer, you will be working as part of a small team and be responsible for:
- Promoting the role of Overview and Scrutiny in Greenwich
- Providing specific support to the Council's scrutiny panels largely independently
- Undertaking reviews and in depth work.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, team working and communication skills and be able to advise Members, Officers and the public on scrutiny matters.
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of the law and practice of local authority meetings as applied to Scrutiny Panels.
- Have the ability to undertake original research and to produce well written succinct reports and briefings, often under tight time restraints paying close attention to detail.
You must be able to attend evening meetings to be considered for this role.
In return, we offer a range of benefits from an excellent pension and generous annual leave entitlement, to access to a wide range learning and development opportunities and strong staff networks.
If you are interested and can demonstrate that you meet the role requirements please visit our Royal Greenwich careers site for more information and to make an application.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.