Bid Writer, Fundraiser and Adviser – BAME Voluntary Sector
1 day left
- Contract Type
Do you want to make a difference to our BAME community by bringing funding into Royal Greenwich?
If so, read on:
We are looking for a Bid Writer Fundraiser Adviser to help the BAME voluntary sector organisations in Greenwich. The role will include the following:
- Using your knowledge, skills and experience, provide bespoke bid writing as required.
- Giving bespoke practical advice to BAME Voluntary and Community Services (VCS) organisations to successfully apply for funds.
- Providing multi-agency fundraising support to gain successful funding applications for the BAME groups across Greenwich
- Work with the Royal Greenwich Communications team to produce publicity materials with steps and guidance on what successful bids look like and contain
- Stakeholder support and liaison with a host of organisations across the voluntary and community sector, and working closely with METROGAVS and other partner agencies
- Working as part of the Royal Greenwich Voluntary and Community Services team to ensure the needs of the BAME community are embedded in the cross fertilisation of ideas, collaborative working and the overall aims and objectives of the VCS.
- Having a positive and flexible approach to and understanding of the needs of our community.
We are looking for dynamic people with fund raising skills who can make a real difference – please complete your application form, clearly setting out how you meet the person specification criteria. In the meantime if you would like an informal discussion please contact: Bernard Dattadeen, Voluntary and Community Support Manager, on 07548 116841
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.