HR / Recruitment Assistant (1X Permanent and 1 X 6 Months Fixed Term)
1 day left
- Contract Type
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About the Resources Directorate
The Resources Directorate is made up of talented Finance and HR professionals providing best practice Human Resources and Finance advice to management within the Council's Directorates.
We know that we cannot achieve our goals without the support of our people and are therefore committed to investing in and empowering our team. We believe in collaboration, sharing knowledge, skills and experience across the team to achieve our goals. We strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to fail in pursuit of continuous improvement and innovation. This means that there will be plenty of opportunity for you to develop and grow with us as we transform into the industry leading team we strive to be.
About the role
The HR team is looking for a permanent HR/Recruitment Assistant and a 6 month fixed term HR/Recruitment Assistant to provide HR and Recruitment administrative support to the HR team.
- Provide recruitment administrative support with regards to management and maintenance of internal Recruitment Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Assist managers with recruitment queries and writing and placing adverts on ATS, job boards, careers website and social media.
- Manage and maintain Government Client Management System (CMS) for visa’s ensuring all immigration compliance duties are carried out on system.
- Undertake background and ID checks for right to work and DBS in liaison with outsourced resourcing provider
- Assist Hr Business Partners with HR Administration on a range of HR related Projects and support HR colleagues to develop and maintain Strategic HR activity.
- To review payroll and recruitment documentation, ensuring this is factually accurate, and within agreed establishment controls, prior to submitting it to HR for processing.
- Assist Recruitment manager on gathering recruitment management information, production of recruitment documents and other recruitment related projects.
- Monitor HR inboxes, ensuring that queries and requests are responded to promptly.
- Deal with any candidate related queries with regards to their application and provide a good candidate management service.
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken using Strategic HR Advisory Management Systems.
You will be passionate about HR and Recruitment administration and enjoy undertaking compliance duties. Ideally, you will have working knowledge in HR and Recruitment and a good understanding of best practice and HR/Recruitment legislation.
- Experience of working in an administrative setting.
- Experience of working independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience of prioritising work to meet deadlines whilst producing and maintaining a high standard of work.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher is desirable
- Experience of Recruitment Applicant tracking system and Government CMS system is desirable.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
- Please note due to covid circumstances at present the role is mostly remote from home but there may be a requirement to attend the office to undertake some work duties.
How to apply
Click on the apply button on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through the job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying please contact Kinny Pabari, Strategic Recruitment Manager, Kinny.Pabari@Barnet.gov.uk.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.