Internal Recruitment Apprentice
Please note, this is a fixed term contract for 15 months. Interviews are due to be held virtually on 30th November 2020.
We are looking for two Internal Recruitment Consultant Apprentices to come and join Essex County Council's in-house recruitment team.
This is a great opportunity to join our Resourcing function, supporting with the day-to-day recruitment activities to deliver our entry to work programmes i.e. graduate, apprenticeship, traineeship programmes to name a few. This is an exciting new role, joining our brand new Entry to Work Team, where you will have the chance to work on a range of projects, helping to promote ECC as an employer of choice and attract the best talent.
Working within the team, you will be responsible for providing first class administrative support and high quality customer service across a wide range of attraction and recruitment activities, from vacancy advertising and selection, through to offer management. You'll be actively supporting candidates by providing feedback throughout the recruitment process to ensure a positive candidate experience is provided. You'll be the main point of contact for the candidates so responding to their enquiries by phone, email or face-to-face, in a timely manner will also form part of the role.
As our Recruitment Consultant Apprentice, you'll have the chance to get involved with a range of activities including attraction strategies, arranging and attending virtual recruitment events, attending career fairs with local schools and universities, presenting post-evaluation surveys and so much more!
Not only does this role provide a variety of work to get involved with, you will also work towards the completion of the Recruitment Consultant Level 3 standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RFQ Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience. Commitment to study Level 3 Recruitment Consultant Apprenticeship and demonstrate a good work ethic. Click here for apprenticeship standard information.
- Ability to deliver effective, administrative duties; well organised, reliable and able to meet deadlines, whilst appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as well as an ability to build and establish relationships. A good phone manner is needed along with a friendly approach.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail, a result orientated approach and continually seeking to improve.
- Experience of working with IT systems including Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new systems is important.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team.
Experience in a working environment is helpful but not essential. A positive, proactive can-do attitude is a must.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888