Graduate Trainee Engagement Officer
- Contract Type
Location: North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Northallerton
Grade: E, F, G
Salary: 1-6 months £19,698, rising to £20,493 after 6 months and then £22,627 for the final 9 months of the scheme.
Contract: 21 months fixed term position as part of the NYCC graduate programme
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
As Graduate Trainee you will have the unique opportunity to work across the Health and Adult Services -Engagement & Governance Team and Strategy & Performance Team. These teams work closely on policy, engagement, equality, and diversity. Working across both teams will provide the successful applicant with a greater understanding of how the corporate centre and directorate areas work together and how best practice from one area can be shared across the organisation
Within the Engagement & Governance Team you will support the implementation of new Engagement and Governance Frameworks aimed at embedding excellent, person-centred and rights-based practice within the directorate.
Within the Strategy & Performance Team you will work as part of a wider project to support the development of a new corporate approach to community engagement, building on best practice from within the council and externally.
We are looking for a Graduate who has a strong focus on customer and community, excellent interpersonal skills, research skills including the ability to present findings accurately and succinctly and the aptitude to work independently where required.
We will invest in your training with focus on:
- Community engagement methodologies;
- Active learning to develop interpersonal skills to work with diverse communities
- Project management skills, leading on specific areas of development;
- Research, report writing and presentation skills;
- Developing strategies and policies and the policy context of local government
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of adult social care and public health;
- Partnership working, particularly with Health partners;
- Working across North Yorkshire – develop knowledge of the diversity of the county, and the challenges and opportunities of rurality.
As Graduate Trainee you will be expected to participate in training opportunities, self-study and shadow experienced colleagues to develop your knowledge, skills and techniques. You will gain a good understanding of working in partnership with other organisations including the health sector, voluntary sector, District Councils, Town and Parish Councils.
Start your journey to a great career and join us as a graduate.
Closing date: 29th November 2020
Interview date: 10th December 2020 (Skype)
Leanne to attach JD & Rewards booklet
Visit our dedicated campaign page to learn more about our fantastic Graduate Programme and hear from our recent Graduates.
If this role sounds like it could be for you, and you would like to gain more information, please call Shanna Carrell (Participation and Engagement Manager) on 07891 469081 or contact via email Shanna.Carrell@northyorks.gov.uk or Claire Lowery (Senior Strategy and Performance Officer) on 01609 535416 or via email Claire.Lowery@northyorks.gov.uk
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in Northallerton
- Health Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in Northallerton
- Adult Services Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in Northallerton
- Social Care Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in Northallerton
- Public and Third sector Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in Northallerton