- Contract Type
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic we have multiple opportunities available to support and help shape our response across functional areas of the Council.
This role is accountable for managing projects which make a contribution to the delivery of ECC's strategic aims. The Project Manager is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of projects to ensure project objectives are clearly defined and can be delivered within the agreed timelines.
As an exemplary and experienced manager familiar with working in a complex project environment this role is key in ensuring a robust project infrastructure is in place underpinned by governance and assurance processes. Influencing and working with senior stakeholders to ensure agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
* Responsible for managing a project, which contributes to ECC's strategic aims, to deliver agreed outcomes within time and cost constraints.
* Responsible for undertaking day to day management of both the project and the project team.
* Responsible for ensuring a robust business case has been agreed ensuring expertise and specialist knowledge has contributed to the development of the business case in order to align project deliverables to the organisation's expectations.
* Responsible for developing and monitoring the project progress to ensure this stays within the agreed budget. Set out resource requirements in order to be prioritised by the Portfolio/Programme Manager.
* Responsible for managing, leading and motivating a team and ensuring current capability is matched against project requirements. This incorporates support and coaching for individuals and the team, as appropriate, in order to develop a high performing team.
* Responsible for ensuring agreement with customers of quantified benefits to be realised & metrics required to monitor impact. Designing and actively managing the project plan to ensure the outcomes are achieved.
* Responsible for highlighting project risks and issues and ways in which these can be mitigated and escalated as appropriate.
* Responsible for ensuring effective Change Management processes are in place and changes to de-liverables as agreed with stakeholders are documented.
* Responsible for ensuring an effective governance and assurance framework is in place to support decision making and ensure regular reporting on progress through pro-active engagement with project sponsors. Work collaboratively with and manage internal stakeholder relationships together with external partners.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Evidence of having successfully completed numerous projects and experienced contributing to a range of other projects and/or programmes.
* Experience of working with a diverse range of individuals at different levels within a complex organisation and engaging with them, finding ways to overcome obstacles.
* Experience of working within or knowledge of the public sector is an advantage.
* Good management skills in leading and managing a team and evidence of developing others. Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.