Interim Head of Resident Services
1 day left
- Contract Type
• Provide strategic direction leadership, operational management and financial
budgetary control to Residents Services ensuring that each part of the service area delivers excellent services to residents (tenants, leaseholders, freeholders, commercial lettings).
• Develop the service to seamlessly integrate with other council services, partners and stakeholders to make a significant contribution towards the delivery of the council’s wider objectives.
The role is accountable for:
• Tenancy Management including Anti-Social Behaviour – Lead on the development of innovative and proactive approaches towards the tenancy management of circa 4,800 multi tenured housing types. Develop solutions to deal with vulnerable residents, such as hoarders, in partnership with local mental health service teams to sustain tenancies and challenge where services are unwilling to engage. Manage effective intervention Anti Social Behaviour and Community Safety Matters. Manage Housing Tenancy Fraud investigation activity (tenancy, Right to Buy & Leasehold) and maximise the return of housing stock to appropriate use.
• Income Management and Debt Recovery – Lead on development of new approaches towards income management that maximise income recovery opportunities (from tenants, commercial lettings, travellers site) and respond to the challenges and pressures arising as a result of Welfare Reform impacts;
• Leasehold, Right to Buy and Shared Ownership – Lead on provision of specialist services for 1220 leaseholders and shared owners to ensure their engagement in all service related issues. Maximise income recovery from service charges and major works. Plan activities to respond to increasing Right to Buy interest.
• Estate Services - Lead on addressing the appearance and contribution to the safety of our estates to ensure that residents demonstrate high satisfaction levels with the place where they live. Direct initiatives such as Estate Action Days, fire safety and lead on the planning of the estate inspections regime;
• Sheltered Housing Service – Lead on the management of 17Sheltered Housing Schemes , ensuring that appropriate support and care packages are in place and that high priority is given towards the management of safeguarding functions.
• Resident engagement /Customer Service Excellence- – Lead on delivering and enabling a broad range of tenant and leasehold involvement, including traditional and new methods of engagement, so as to meet the increasingly diverse needs of the borough's residents and enable meaningful dialogue with the Council. Manage continuous improvement in service quality and customer satisfaction.
• Budgetary responsibility – direct for circa £10m.
Apply for Interim Head of Resident Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Housing Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Interim jobs in London (Greater)
- Community Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Interim jobs in London (Greater)
- Neighbourhood Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Interim jobs in London (Greater)
- Sheltered Housing Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Interim jobs in London (Greater)