Commercial Financial Controller
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with ESPO and Leicestershire County Council to appoint a Commercial Financial Controller to oversee their commercial finance function.
ESPO is one of the country’s largest professional buying organisation (PBO), specialising in providing a wide range of goods and services to the public sector for over 35 years. They offer a comprehensive, one-stop shop solution of over 27,000 catalogue products, 120 frameworks and bespoke procurement services.
With ambitious growth plans in place, including new acquisitions, the expansion of premises and product offerings, a decision has been made to appoint a Commercial Financial Controller to assume full financial and commercial responsibility for this £90m t/o organisation.
This individual will also be responsible for managing the financials for a number of trading businesses within Leicestershire County Council including professional services, leisure and food distribution organisations.
This varied and challenging role will be part of and support the executive teams in providing financial and strategic direction , taking full responsibility for financial planning, reporting and control.
Leading a team your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading role in creating and executing the business strategy and owner of financial planning to drive sustainable growth
- Provide commercial, strategic advice and guidance to Senior Management
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts and KPI analysis
- Ensuring statutory compliance and production of annual financial accounts
- Finance lead on key projects
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place and adhered to
- Lead and motivate a high-performing finance team across commercial, technical and operational functions
- Identify and implement improvements across all financial areas
The ideal candidate will be a qualified finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/CCAB) with a strong track record in the provision of financial and commercial leadership within a large and diverse business.
You will be a confident communicator able to support and engage with executive leadership across both ESPO and Leicestershire County Council and additional external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary (£63,000 - £71,000) and benefits package including access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are seeking to make a swift appointment so please submit applications as soon as possible.