National Management Trainee
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is looking for the next generation of managers to lead critical projects and services that have tangible, everyday outcomes for people's lives. In this two year scheme, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of council services, ranging from regeneration to social care and innovation projects that make a real difference to your local area.
The National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP), has been run by the LGA since 1998 and the Royal Borough of Greenwich has been participating in the NGDP since 2003. We have successfully seen 51 graduates through the scheme and are looking to expand our offer further to local residents.
- Evidence of having obtained a 2:2 or above in any undergraduate degree by September 2021
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Proof of residency in the Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Proof of identification
What will you gain?
- The chance to experience 71 professions across four six-month placements
- The opportunity to complete the ILM Level 7 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Three residential courses with the wider national scheme learning a range of skills including public speaking and analysing real-life case studies
- Professional, senior manager as a mentor
- Starting salary of £28,482 (including London weighting)
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
- Excellent pension scheme
The recruitment process
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the application form by accessing the NGDP website.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact the HR workforce development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 30 November 2020 – RBG Applications open
- 6 January 2021 - Applications close 12:00 noon
- February 2021 - Video interviews
- March 2021 - Virtual half day candidate assessment centres
- April 2021 - Opportunity for candidates to interact with councils offering places
- June 2021 - Council interviews and offers
- Autumn 2021 - National Management Trainees (NMTs) start placements
Please note that you cannot apply for both the local and the national recruitment process.
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.