Grounds Maintenance Operative
This position is Seasonal/Fixed Term from 22 March to 29 October 2021.
The Grounds and Estate Maintenance team, based at Taylors Lane, Oldbury provides a broad range of horticultural services to locations across the Borough of Sandwell.
Tasks include grass cutting, weed management, bed and shrub maintenance, as well as sports field preparation and maintenance.
We are seeking to recruit up to 12 Fixed Term/Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operatives to work alongside our permanent teams to assist with, mainly, grass cutting/mowing tasks from March to October 2021.
- Have a full UK driving licence with a minimum of 12 months driving experience (you must have the ability to drive a 3.5 tonne, manual, pickup style vehicle – the ability to tow a trailer would be also be an advantage, but not a requirement);
- Have experience of using commercial mowing machinery, including pedestrian and ride-on machines.
You will receive basic training on:
- vehicle use
- ride-on/pedestrian mowing machinery
- horticultural equipment including strimmer/hedgetrimmer/leaf blowers
- health and safety
You will be required to undertake and achieve driver familiarisation training and assessment, to enable you to use Sandwell Council Fleet vehicles.
You will also be required to pass an assessment to demonstrate that you are competent in the use of mowing and horticultural equipment.
You will be required to wear safety footwear and uniform (PPE), which will also be provided to successful candidates.
Click on the link to see our Grounds Maintenance Operatives in action: https://youtu.be/0N0aezerjts
Interested? If you meet our requirements, we want to hear from you.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
Closing Date: 8 January 2021
Interviews: Stage 1 interviews will be undertaken via telephone as and when sufficient applications have been received.
Candidates who meet the requirements at Stage 1 will be invited to a Stage 2 Interview, scheduled for Thursday 21 and Friday 22 January 2021. Stage 2 interviews will be carried out face to face at Taylors Lane Depot, Oldbury – social distancing measures are in place.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Customer Services £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Environment £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Highways £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Traffic Management £20,000 - £24,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands