Working as part of Children’s Services will provide a challenging and rewarding career. We have high ambitions for the children and young people of Kensington and Chelsea. We have formed a bi-borough Children’s Services team with colleagues from Westminster City Council. Our services, which include education, family services and safeguarding, have been rated Outstanding by Ofsted, and our drive to be the best doesn’t stop there.
By working with us, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to young people in one of the world’s most diverse cities. If you would like to play a part in this unique team, please take a look at this vacancy and apply.
To manage, organise and ensure the smooth running of the childcare and early education services. Alongside leading and inspiring a team of practitioners to deliver the highest quality of care and education to all children, ensuring that they are kept safe at all times and that individual needs of children are met in accordance with the Early years foundation stage, statutory requirements and Council policies.
For more information about the role please click on Job Description
You will hold a level 4 Childcare Qualification or above or level 3 Childcare qualification with a leadership and Management Qualification, and you should be able to demonstrate recent extensive experience working in a similar role and training.
You will possess excellent understanding of leading a team in delivering the EYFS and meeting Ofsted requirements, alongside knowledge and understanding of working with targeted families and delivering outcome focused services.
You’ll have excellent communication skills, and the ability to adapt to range of people from different cultures, background and preferred ways of communicating.
- Lead on the administration and operational running of the nursery, providing leadership and management of staff.
- Ensure the council and nursery's safeguarding procedures are in place, understood and are implemented.
- Ensure the nursery complies with all relevant legislation, local authority and OFSTED requirements including that of reporting arrangements.
- Ensure that the nursery budget is implemented and monitored appropriately.
- Ensure excellent parent partnerships at all times, that parent’s views and opinions are valued at all times.
- Ensure that the nursery target occupancy levels are met in order to support the council’s vision for offering high quality affordable childcare.
- Ensure effective recruitment, supervision, appraisal, support and training of staff and to deploy staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the nursery is inclusive and SENCO is supported. Ensuring systems are in place support inclusion of all children including those with special educational and additional needs.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.