Key Worker - Young Carers
Key Worker - Young Carers
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £22,149 per annum
A district based Key worker role within a quadrant team to support Young Carers (aged 0-18), young adult carers (16-24) and their families, through a tiered key worker approach to level of need, to provide individualised support in relation to their caring role, raise achievement and aspirations and to allow a Young Carer to have the same life chances as their peers.
* To work with Essex young carers and their families to identify priorities, support needs, interventions and goals, developing and implementing strategies for securing these. Using assessment and monitoring to motivate young carers and their families to achieve a shared and mutually agreed support plan/ contract
* To take up referrals and work with Essex young carers in order to identify, understand and meet their needs, with an emphasis on promoting positive outcomes.
* To work with Essex young carers in line with the agreed model, ensuring that the level of support meets the identified need including one to one support, peer group support, telephone support, advocacy, provision of information, signposting, training opportunities and workshops.
* To promote young carers self- awareness, confidence and encouraging their involvement in the design of their young carers service and supporting them in evaluating the impact of the service upon their own situation.
* To provide targeted outreach and awareness raising activities to other agencies to support the increased identification of Essex young carers including presentations, workshops and events.
* To pro-actively work in partnership with other agencies including educational settings and adult services to ensure ongoing support to young carers, particularly at points of transition and to enable Essex young carers to continue their education, employment or training.
* To support the development and facilitation of Essex young carers networks and forums to ensure that the voice of young carers is heard and that they are in a position to be able to shape and influence the service.
* To ensure that the Essex County Council policies, procedures and practice for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people are implemented.
* To work flexibly and deliver services as directed. Knowledge, Skills and Experience * Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a relevant professional qualification which is focussed on working with young people (e.g. LDSS, Social work, Youth and Community, Teacher, Careers) or equivalent or demonstrably equivalent experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* A broad understanding of the issues affecting young carers and young people, opportunities for learning and the services provided by the partner organisations.
* Experience of working with young people on a one to one basis and in groups.
* Excellent communication skills with experience in effective collaborative working with other agencies at a local level.
* Experience of successfully involving young people and families in decision-making processes.
* Be flexible in their approach and have excellent time management skills and ability to work evenings, weekends and residential work in order to respond to young people's needs.
* The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required. Apply & next steps
To apply please upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.