Family Worker (Link Role)
Family Worker (Link Role)
Fixed Term, Full Time
£26,801 to £30,906 per annum
Closing date: 8th January 2021
Please note that this is a fixed term opportunity for 12 months based in Basildon.
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantage families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Solutions works under the umbrella of children's social care and was described as "exceptional" by OFSTED in their recent inspection which judged children's social care as "outstanding".
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen in the highly performing South team. The team is based in Basildon, but covers the district council areas of Basildon, Castle Point and Rochford. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car.
The work of a Link Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding. Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families.
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Managing your own caseload
- Managing safeguarding risks to children
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members, and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions
The South team is extremely supportive. The post holder will be supervised by an experienced manager or senior social worker. Family Workers will also utilise support from colleagues who have specialisms in different areas.
The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, working out of normal office hours when required to best meet the needs of the family.
You will be:
What you will need:
- Educated to degree level preferred but minimum NVQ level 4 or equivalent by experience in relevant thematic specialism i.e. Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse, Education, Mental Health, and Parenting.
- Evidence of continuing professional development with good knowledge in relevant professional area and commitment to the principles of evidence based practice.
- Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
In the context of your role you are required to be mobile throughout an operational area to ensure that you fulfil, effectively, the duties and requirements of your post as set in the job profile and person specification. Hence, a driver licence and vehicle are essential for this role.
For an informal conversation about this exciting opportunity call Riki Turrington on 07590841172.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.