Senior Business Design and CI Consultant
This is a fixed term contract position for a duration of 12 months
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK. We currently require the services of an experienced Process Design Consultant with excellent people and stakeholder management skills to join our Corporate Systems Programme. We are moving from an Oracle E-Business Suite (ERP) solution to an Oracle Cloud ERP solution.
The role will report to the Business Design Workstream Lead. Working with senior business stakeholders, subject matter experts and our Systems Build team to define, document and deliver business processes required in the adoption of the Oracle Cloud ERP solution.
The role will require facilitation between business leads and the Systems build team, as well as a close alignment with Change Management to ensure fully joined up solutions are implemented.
- work with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits available
- investigate problems, analyse options for new and existing services and provide recommendations to solutions
- analyse current services and processes to identify and implement opportunities to optimise them
- help evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- create and complete detailed impact assessments on areas of change, using both quantitative and qualitative data
- identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence
- analyse business issues using appropriate methodologies and techniques, to identify the root cause and define appropriate solutions
- use analytical techniques to generate insight and make clear recommendations to create meaningful business change
- work with large volumes of data and information, presenting them in a clear and accessible way
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- are educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
- must hold professional qualifications as a business analyst practitioner
- have significant experience supporting IT transformation projects in large and complex organisations
- have experience analysing business processes and defining, documenting and delivering To-Be capability
- have experience analysing business and technical data and information, and presenting insights as "actionable intelligence"
- can demonstrate skill in understanding core ERP functionality and system capabilities
- can demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
- have awareness of working in a political environment
Interviews will take place virtually on 14th and 15th January 2021.