External Funding Manager (Barnet Council, Growth and Development)
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen within the Growth Team for an External Funding Manager to be responsible for securing resources to support regeneration, housing, economic development, employment and welfare reform across Barnet and ensure that these resources are used to maximise the benefits of growth for residents and businesses
About the Growth and Development Directorate
We are shaping Barnet as a place to Live, Work, Study and Visit. Through Barnet’s Growth Strategy we are delivering the housing, connectivity, support for businesses and town centres, and social infrastructure needed to sustain and improve local communities. Our Planning, Housing, Regeneration, Economic Development, and Estates services are a community of talented people solving the real-world problems and challenges that need to be addressed to deliver change and improve lives. We are delivering this through many strategic partnerships that collectively form one of the largest development programmes in England.
About the role
Large scale transformation is already underway across our key regeneration sites, such as Brent Cross Cricklewood, Colindale and West Hendon, and the council is now seeking to maximise the potential new and emerging opportunities, particularly around the diversification and intensification of town centres. We want to ensure that we increase our housing supply, invest in our economy, deliver the infrastructure to address the needs of a changing population and capitalise on development to ensure the benefits of growth are maximised for our residents.
Securing external resources to support the delivery of growth projects and programmes is vital. The post holder will oversee the council’s approach to securing large-scale external resources to support the delivery of the council’s strategic priorities, particularly in relation to growth, ensuring that these resources are used to benefit local communities and businesses and support our wider response to the economic impacts of COVID 19 on residents and businesses
Work in securing significant new external resources, for Barnet that deliver the ambitions of the borough’s Growth. The post holder will also:
- Engage with national and regional government and other bodies to identify new funding opportunities and agree a pipeline of bids in partnership with other council service areas, working with them to ensure that these opportunities translate to real-world delivery that benefits local people.
- Identify opportunities for cross-borough bidding, working with other boroughs to bring forward bids
- leading the development, drafting and submission of these bids.
- managing external resources once they are secured and ensuring they are apportioned to the appropriate council departments and service areas, and that reporting requirements are met.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience, with evidence of a high level of performance
- Experience and a track record of successfully bidding for external resources in a public sector context, ideally in support of growth and regeneration outcomes
- An understanding of the principles of social value and of engaging with procurement processes.
- Demonstrable ability and experience of project and programme delivery.
- Understanding of the planning and political context of London and the wider UK including experience of Economic Development, Planning, Regeneration, Place-Making and design quality management.
- Ability to write engagingly across a range of channels, including policy documents, committee reports and resident facing communications
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyse data \ identify current and future trends to shape future policy direction and suggest future commissioning opportunities.
- Ability to interpret a range of policy documentation in order to produce findings, identify cross cutting issues and scope for integration with other services.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team across boundaries and to work on a range of projects at the same time.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
How to apply
Click on the apply button and on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact Susan Curran, Head of Housing and Regeneration on Susan.Curran@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Procurement Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)