Senior Practitioner - Children in Care
Senior Practitioners - Children in Care
Permanent, Full Time
£39,168 to £47,405 PA plus free parking
Closing Date: 20th December
The senior practitioner is responsible for the management of their own cases and support of social work staff in the management of complex child protection and child in need cases, or children looked after. Whilst this will include investigation, assessment and purposeful intervention, the primary role within Children and Families is to achieve positive change within families wherever possible, with the aim of enabling children to remain within their home. This will be achieved through implementation of the child protection, child in need plan and achieving permanency through care planning for children in care.
Children in Care
Our children in care teams work with children and young people who are in care up to the age of 18. Children in care teams provide a high-quality service to children who are unable to live at home and are placed with foster carers or live in residential homes. The work includes ensuring that all statutory requirements are met and include undertaking care proceedings, supporting children who return home, developing permanency plans which include special guardianship orders (SGO) and adoption plans. Teams are committed to high quality work and engagement with all children in care to maximise the potential of young people. They work with a range of agencies, including health and education to ensure that care plans are effective.
Why work with us in Basildon?
* Free onsite parking for staff, easily accessible via A13/A127
* Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleagues
* Permanent managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available
* All teams are based in the same offices which is great for collaborative working
* Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
* Good working relationships with other teams and professionals. Step down processes to partner agencies embedded
* Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
* We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To play a key part in transforming the lives of children and families, you will have a Diploma or Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent and Registration with Social Work England as Registered Social Worker. Be able to demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS).
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.