School Crossing Patrol Officer Vacancies
School Crossing Patrol Officer Vacancies
Permanent, Term Time
Up to £16,823.40 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: 31st January 2021
Come and support your local school and community by joining Essex County Council's School Crossing Patrol Team.
The School Crossing Patrol Service is based in Chelmsford, and we have a range of opportunities across Essex, please see vacancies below.
As a School Crossing Patrol Officer, you will help your community and ensure the safety of all pedestrians crossing the road to and from school, and its surrounding locations. You must have regard for the needs of people with disabilities and regularly assess the risks associated with the operating crossing site, identifying needs and reporting problems. Maintain regular contact with the school at the crossing site and when requested, assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
Uniform, equipment and training will be provided.
This role would suit someone who is punctual and reliable, and who is approachable and enjoys engaging with the public. If you are looking for a part time role (morning and afternoon shifts 45 minutes each) that fit in around term time dates, then this could be the role for you.
- Woodville Primary School, Chelmsford
- Rayleigh Primary School, Rayleigh
- Baddow Hall Infant and Junior School, Baddow
- Trinity St Mary's School, South Woodham Ferrers
- Runwell Primary School, Runwell
- Templars Primary School, Witham
- Great Bradfords Infant and Junior School, Braintree
- Hatfield Peveral Infants / St Andrews Juniors School, Hatfield Peveral
- Hadleigh Infant and Junior School, Hadleigh
- St Teresa's Catholic Primary School, Hawkwell
- Rochford Primary School, Rochford,
- Wickford Infant and Junior School, Wickford
- Beehive Lane Community Primary School, Great Baddow
- Lawford Primary School, Manningtree
- St Luke's Primary School, Tiptree
- Tiptree Heath Primary School, Tiptree
- St Andrew's Primary School, Halstead
- Upshire Primary School, Waltham Abbey
- St John's C of E Primary School, Buckhurst Hill
- Ivey Chimneys Primary School, Epping
- Hare Street Primary School, Harlow
- Pear Tree Mead Primary School, Harlow
- Thomas Willingale School, Loughton
- Oaklands School, Loughton
- Thundersley Primary School, Benfleet
- Janet Duke Primary School, Basildon
- St Martin's Secondary School, Brentwood
- Woodham Ley Primary School, Benfleet
- Jotmans Hall Primary School, South Benfleet
- Ingrave Johnstone Primary School, Brentwood
- Buttsbury Infant and Junior School, Billericay
- St Peter's CE Primary School (Afternoon Shift only), Brentwood
- Northwick Park Primary and Nursery Academy, Canvey Island
- Sunnymede Infant and Junior School, Billericay
- Ashingdon Primary Academy, Hawkwell
- Kingswood Primary School, Basildon
- St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Billericay
- Montgomerie Primary School, South Benfleet
- Bardfield Academy, Basildon
Apply now with your CV and state at the top of your CV the name of the school / schools that you would like to apply to.
If you are interested working with our School Crossing Patrol Team but there isn't an opportunity available, we'd still like to hear from you. Please get in touch with the Resourcing Team at
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.