Senior Finance Business Partner - Fixed Term Contract
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Please note that this position is being offered as a 12 - 15 month Fixed Term Contract.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
This role is responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across functions to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and Members. Ensuring pro-active and innovative guidance across the breadth of finance functions and supporting complex projects is an integral part of the role.
The role is within the Major Programmes finance team, predominantly to support the Essex Housing Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and also other project activity within the Place & Public Health service area as required.Essex Housing delivers housing, not just for private sale, but affordable housing as well as specialist housing to support our most vulnerable residents.
Based upon the size of the ECC area housing market and the maturity of the Essex Housing model, the current programme will deliver c.150-200 units per annum and the current 5-year plan is looking to generate c.£150m Capital Expenditure, c.£200m Turnover & c.£20m Profit available for distribution. Role specifics:
- Finance lead for Essex Housing Development LLP with a range of responsibilities to support the entity with day to day operations and delivery of long term strategy.
- Developing and maintaining business plan & monthly forecast for Essex Housing and monthly reporting to the Essex Housing LLP Board
- Presenting financial updates & information to Board Members at Essex Housing LLP Board meeting on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for reviewing Essex Housing performance alongside investment decisions, supporting the business case process from development through to post implementation review of projects.
- Ongoing engagement with external stakeholders to support delivery of multiple projects, including Homes England, Ministry of Housing & Local Government, district councils and consultancy firms
- Independent Living, liaising with strategic housing lead and commissioners to develop the financial approach to be adopted when reviewing opportunities for business cases.
- As a strategic leader, will build strong relationships with internal and external partners and actively contributing to a broad range of senior management forums. As a financial expert will use their depth of knowledge and understanding of key Council services to ensure robust long term financial planning.
- Influencing politicians, directors and stakeholders to ensure decisions are made in the knowledge of their financial impact on the business. Driving improvements to achieve greater efficiency and plans to reduce costs balanced with the need to provide high quality strategic advice and direction within the context of adherence to financial policies and practices.
- Responsible for analysis and assessment of financial assets and liabilities, highlighting the operational priorities and presenting options to executive & political bodies to drive out inefficiency in the pursuit of strategic objectives. Empower and support key stakeholders to maximise sustainable external funding to the Council
- Accountable for all financial aspects of medium term business planning, advising Directors, Politicians and Stakeholders on strategic financial performance management, pricing and investment analysis
- Lead on the provision of insightful long term predictive analytics, optimising financial modelling and commercial acumen to support business development and income improvements across the organisation.
- Drive the delivery of complex cross organisation projects, influencing strategies to ensure commercial considerations drive transparent and robust, evidence-based decision making. This includes the provision of detailed analysis and interpretation of financial and performance data.
- Work collaboratively with other business partners and management accountants in the development and review of financial policy and 3-year business plans ensuring they reflect strategic objectives and promote continuous improvement.
- Influence the drive for delivery of value for money services, evidenced by benchmarked cost driver comparators to analyse trends, identify efficiencies and lever performance improvements.
- Support the timely preparation of complex business cases outlining associated costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions whilst being solely accountable for the financial implications.
- Lead financial impact assessments relating to changes in legislation, service initiatives or formal partnership arrangements.
- Be a sector leader for finance, networked with best in class peers and embed new skills & learning to drive performance improvements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
- Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.