Applications Analyst - Social Care Finance
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of over 1.5 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
This role involves delivering critical business change through innovative process implementation within the Mosaic social care system, across Adult and Children's social care finance. Working as an integral part of Social Care Applications team, you will have experience of Mosaic Finance and will be responsible for analysing business requirements and developing solutions for Adult and Children's social care finance. The role involves working closely with colleagues in Adults, Children's and Finance teams, requiring the candidate to demonstrate strong customer focus
- Responsible for the resolution of Application Incidents, Major Incidents and Problems
- Responsible for managing and implementing approved requests for change pertaining to Mosaic Finance
- Acts as guide and point of reference for the technical staff in the team, providing advice, support and expertise in relation to Mosaic Finance.
- Function as a Mosaic Finance subject matter expert on key project delivery tasks, ensuring that the solution implemented fully meets the intended business requirements.
- Provide expert guidance to Project Managers and other interested parties in terms of realistic timescales and costs associated with proposed project delivery items and to proactively identify and communicate technical constraints and risks.
- Use analytical skills and expertise to identify innovative solutions to achieve efficiency savings for Technology Services and the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience of Mosaic Finance configuration
- Experience of leading on complex system configuration activity
- Experience of leading on project workstreams/activity
- Knowledge of Adult and Children's social care finance business processes
- Analysis of business requirements and translation in to system designs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with colleagues within Technical Services and customers in Adult, Children's and Finance areas.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.