Part Time Finance Officer - Purchase to Pay Team
Part Time Finance Officer - Purchase to Pay Team
Up to £23,005 per annum
Closing Date: Tuesday 12th January 2021
Please note that this position is being offered on a Fixed Term Contract or Secondment basis and is part time (25 hours per week) and as such the salary offered will be pro rata of the up to £23,005 figure shown above.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
The role of Finance Officer is generic across both P2P and Income, however, this advertised position relates specifically to P2P.
Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
Finance Officers in Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income will contribute to the delivery of the business plan for financial transaction processing, by ensuring data or income is accurately maintained and managed within policy and legislation standards. Responding to more complex customer queries and supporting changes in technology to streamline the customer experience.
With knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience. The role requires good interpersonal and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service.
The Suppliers team is a small team within P2P which is responsible for maintaining in excess of 30,000 supplier records held within our systems. In addition to the Service/ Functional Accountabilities below the Finance Officer within the Suppliers team will be responsible for creating and maintaining supplier records, liaising with customers and suppliers, validating and processing customer and supplier requests (in line with agreed processes and procedures), maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), carrying out data cleansing and providing P2P guidance to customers, suppliers and key stakeholders across the Authority.
- Provides financial support in relation to the payments and collection of income, to both internal and external customers, contributing towards delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Provides technical support to team members and customers answering more complex queries in a professional manner in accordance with financial procedures. Acts as the subject matter expert for P2P, Assessment and/or Income processes.
- Contribute to the identification and clarification of customer needs, to deliver process and technology changes, which drive efficiency and value for money.
- Contribute to improving financial awareness and capability across the organisation, to promote the culture of empowering budget holders in line with financial regulations.
- Carries out data analysis to produce reports for P2P & Income and external customers, to support the management of organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance to Financial Regulations and audit requirements.
- Contributes to service improvement projects/programmes to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency by recommending process improvements and redesign.
- Contributes to maintaining currency on legislation changes and translating these into local policy and procedure, to identify and review potential changes in technology.
- Working collaboratively and flexibly across teams within P2P & Income to deliver a high level of service to all functions.
- Contribute to identifying risks and supporting the resolution, to minimise financial impact and loss to the organisation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RQF level 2 (GCSE level) including English and Mathematics, or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
- Level of good competency using Microsoft office packages including, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to interpret varied information for supporting continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.