Investigation and Enforcement Officer
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
The Community Safety Team (based within the Assurance Directorate) works closely with other departments across the council as well as with external partners such as the police and probation services to coordinating early intervention, prevention and enforcement interventions aimed at reducing crime and anti-social behavior within the borough.
About the role
Based within the Council’s Community Safety Team, this post will support the Council to investigate, enforce and prosecute all incidents relating to unauthorised encampments, All aspects of environmental crime including graffiti, flyposting, fly tipping, littering, anti-social behaviour as well as Enforce the Council’s response to the Covid 19 pandemic.
The post will directly support the Council’s response to tackling the Covid 19 pandemic, ensuring the community is complaint with the requirements of the Government’s legislation by way of the education, warning and enforcement against non-compliant persons, places and premises. This includes, but is not limited to, undertaking street based uniformed patrols and business compliance inspections.
- B-Tec in Investigation or relevant industry subject experience.
- Have an up to date working knowledge of enforcement legislation
- Awareness and/or practical experience of implementing the Government’s Covid 19 Legislation.
- Experience of directly related work/roles or suitable qualification in working in a multi-agency Community Safety / investigations setting.
- Understanding of the process of the collation of evidence and structure of undertaking investigations for civil proceeding and criminal prosecutions
- Full Driving License
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
How to apply
Click on the apply button and on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying please contact Matt Leng, Matt.Leng@Barnet.gov.uk or call 020 8359 2995.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.