Family Worker (link)
Family Worker (link)
Fixed Term, Full Time
£26,801 to £30,906 per annum
Closing date: 15th January 2021
Family Solutions Tendring has a 12 months Fixed Term Opportunity
We are a dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about providing intensive support to families. You will be joining a well-established and high performing team at a time when we are growing and evolving as a service.
We would love to hear from interested and suitably experienced applicants who are committed to working with whole families to help them achieve their outcomes and improve their family lives.
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantaged families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Workers are responsible for managing a caseload of families with multiple complex needs and supporting them intensively through the process of positive change. You will work closely with colleagues and partners to deliver the support and will work with a Team Around the Family (TAF) approach. You will need to be confident in challenging and managing risk as well as having an analytical and curious approach. Personal resilience is also important in these challenging roles.
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen in the Tendring Family Solutions team. The team is based in Clacton on Sea , but covers the district council area of Tendring. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car.
The work of a Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding. Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families.
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Managing your own caseload of families, undertaking and progressing whole family assessments and plans with the families.
- Managing safeguarding risks to children.
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members, and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions.
- The post holder will be supervised by an experienced manager or senior social worker. Family Workers will also utilise support from colleagues who have specialisms in different areas.
- The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, working out of normal office hours if required to best meet the needs of the family.
What you will need:
- Educated to degree level preferred but minimum NVQ level 4 or equivalent by experience in relevant thematic specialism such as Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse, Education, Mental Health, Youth Work and Parenting.
- Evidence of continuing professional development with good knowledge in relevant professional area and commitment to the principles of evidence based practice.
- Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to use supervision appropriately.
In the context of your role you are required to be mobile throughout an operational area to ensure that you fulfil, effectively, the duties and requirements of your post as set in the job profile and person specification. Hence, a driver licence and vehicle are essential for this role.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.