Fixed Term, Full Time
£30,906 - £42,254 per annum
Closing Date: 22nd January 2021
***Please note, this is a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract with the option to potentially extend further***
Essex County Council in partnership with Essex Cares Limited (ECL) have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our Countywide team at Essex County Council to support with the delivery of the LIVE Service, a progressive day opportunities and inclusive employment service.
The LIVE Service provides day opportunities to older people and adults with disabilities including learning disabilities and/or autism, and an inclusive employment service, to enable adults to move into and retain meaningful paid employment.
We are seeking an Occupation Therapist to work with ECC and ECL, with adults, families and community partners, to support with the delivery of this strengths based and progressive Service, which looks to enable people within day opportunities to enter and sustain meaningful paid employment.
The post is required to support with achieving the outcomes underpinning the LIVE Service which are:
More people with disabilities in Essex are in employment;
- People have reduced reliance on statutory services;
- People are supported to contribute and feel included within their local communities;
- People's independence is increased;
- The Service maximises the use of assets.
About the role
- Working within quadrant and enhanced teams to ensure colleagues are focussed on employment over day care as part of their practice;
- Promoting the ECL LIVE service to pro-actively generate referrals within ASC;
- Undertaking/supporting with reviews of adults in the ECL service e.g. once an adult moves fully from day opportunities into employment or reduces day opportunities and moves into employment;
- Support with recording, tracking information, tracking savings and understanding impact;
- Working with ECC, health partners and ECL to advise and support social workers, day opportunities staff and inclusive employment staff to support them to address the barriers and challenges that people face on their journey to employment;
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B.Sc O.T. or other professional qualification recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience within a social care setting, with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
This role involves travelling around Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings - sometimes in an emergency. A driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means - is essential.
All candidates applying to Adult Social Care will be expected to join on a 12-week rota on a 6-day shift pattern and this will include some weekend work. However, we still promote flexible working and a flexible work pattern can be discussed.
Apply now at WorkingForEssex.com or email