Fire Risk Management Officer
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. Working as the Fire Risk Management Officer, you will be responsible for the delivery of our fire safety requirements, striving to achieve a key part of the Council’s vision – “people enjoy better health throughout their lives”
Working with colleagues, partners and external consultants, you will ensure that a high quality, customer focused, and efficient fire safety function is delivered. You will take responsibility for both strategic and operational matters relating to fire safety within the Capital Delivery and Facilities Management (CD&FM) service.
Responsibilities will extend within a matrix arrangement and the post holder will ensure a joined-up response to complex problems that may cut across the Capital Delivery & Facilities Management service, as well as other services/directorates.
The core responsibilities of the post include
- Working alongside other Fire Risk Management Officers to lead the Kirklees Council fire safety team
- Development of the Kirklees Council fire safety policy
- Maintain the Kirklees Council fire risk assessment framework and the contractors carrying out FRA’s for our sites
- Proactive programming of fire risk assessments based on risk
- Interpretation of information from FRA’s and delivery of targeted recommendations based on this information
- Responsibility for ensuring the continued delivery of servicing our fire alarm systems and fire-fighting equipment.
- Working as a member of multi-disciplinary design teams delivering fire safety advice, guidance and designs as required for capital/revenue investment projects
- Provision of competent advice and support in relation to fire safety to the CD&FM team and the Council more widely
- Provision of fire safety training across the Council.
Extensive experience in fire risk management and fire risk assessments is essential for this role.
For more information about this job please contact: Chris Watson on 07976 497783 or email@example.com
31 January 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.