Education Place Planning Commissioner
Newham is an ambitious and vibrant borough, proud to be home to one of the youngest and most diverse cultures in the country, with 72% of the population from BAME communities, contributing to 220 languages being spoken in the area. Proud to be home to one of the youngest and most diverse cultures across the country, Newham is a borough which makes living, teaching and learning a great experience. We have a total of 100 state funded schools, with many achieving a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted.
Your new role
The Education Access and Infrastructure Service works to ensure that a range of services are in place to enable schools to function effectively for children, including ensuring a sufficient supply of high quality school places, and coordinating both traded and statutory services for schools. Our responsibilities include: admissions and pupil benefits; place planning (mainstream and specialist); commissioned school support services; school partnerships; non statutory offers including free school meals, enrichment and our London Stadium Learning centre.
Education Place Planning Commissioner – building on our recently updated "Places for All strategy", the post holder will further plans to respond to a growing secondary school population and the risk of excess provision in primary schools; alongside our exciting work to develop new specialist provision for SEND.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience within mainstream Place Planning; you will have very good data analytical skills and be strong in planning, making proposals, forecasting and reports.
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to navigate council procedures and be able to communicate well with stakeholders at different levels.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary: £48,800 - £51,800 pa
- Flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to work from home
- Smarter Working with new modern technology
- 'Newham Together' - a positive, nurturing and collaborative work environment built on trust
- Excellent transport links to the rest of the capital
- Permanent and stable senior leadership with a consistent vision
- Wellbeing service, leisure and discount benefits (Council scheme)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
You can find more information by following below link https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/newham-council
You can also contact me directly on katarzyna.prosniak @hays.com
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Corporate Management Team £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Education £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Schools £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Regeneration and Local Economies £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (East)