Caseworker - Corporate and Commercial Team
Essex Legal Services provide high quality, professional, legal advice across the Council and to increasing numbers of external clients. Providing a client facing legal service which proactively embraces change and delights the customer.
As a caseworker, you will assist and support legally qualified and other colleagues in providing routine admin and quasi legal tasks aligned to the delivery of legal work. Working directly to lawyers and paralegals, you will be commissioned to undertake various tasks such preparing engrossment documents, drafting low value agreements, keeping and organising trackers and team rotas and team diary, being central point of contact for enquiries from schools. You will contribute to delivering a more efficient, professional service that is valued by our customers and improves their business. An ability to work well under pressure and good organisational skills are essential for this role
Educated to Level 3 or equivalent, with 2 year's work experience in a legal environment. With an ability to build good working relationships both with colleagues and clients, you will deliver excellent customer service.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to Level 3 (A level) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within a legal setting in a public service or private sector environment, assisting in the provision of legal work.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and the client base, to understand customer needs with a strong focus on delivering positive outcomes which meet these needs.
- Ability to develop professional credibility with a client base at differing levels.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and developing knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Ability to develop working relationships across a large, complex organisation and with internal and external partners/stakeholders and clients.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service .
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.