Family Worker (Link Role)
Family Worker (Link Role)
Permanent, Full Time
£26,801 to £30,906 per annum
Closing date: 28th January 2021
Do you fancy a new challenge or a chance to try something new?
Family Solutions in Colchester is currently recruiting and has opportunities as a result of increasing workload and team circumstances.
We are a dynamic, passionate, supportive and vibrant team who provide intensive support to families and we ensure that family empowerment is at the heart of our interventions. You will be joining a well-established and high performing team at a time when we are growing and evolving as a service.
We would love to hear from interested and suitably experienced applicants who are committed to working with whole families to help them achieve their outcomes and improve their family lives.
Link role Family Workers are responsible for managing a caseload of families with multiple complex needs and supporting them intensively through the process of positive change. You will work closely with colleagues and partners to deliver the support and will work within the Team Around the Family (TAF) approach. You will need to be confident in challenging and managing risk as well as having an analytical and curious approach. Personal resilience is also important in these challenging roles.
For an informal discussion please contact Team Manager Susie Kelly on 07738 885149 or email
Skills and Knowledge
- Ideally educated to degree level or to NVQ Level 6 in a relevant area, such as social or youth work, or able to evidence equivalent level of knowledge, skills and underpinning theoretical knowledge through extensive experience in the field of work.
- Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs whilst maintaining a focus on outcomes.
- Evidence of a commitment to on-going professional development and to the principles of evidenced based practice.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationship with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcome.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills, reliability and good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to use supervision appropriately.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.