Are you an experienced Social Worker?
And want to work in a borough, ranked as having some of the best adult social care services in the Country?
This is a rolling advert and applications will be considered as and when received.
While many of our residents are flourishing in our borough, others need a little more support – and that is where our Adult Social Care and Public Health team come in.
Working alongside colleagues in Westminster City Council, we have formed a bi-borough partnership which supports the sharing of facilities and expertise – this allows us to provide joined-up health and social care services that are constantly evolving and improving.
With both boroughs ranked as having some of the best adult social care services in the country, we intend to maintain these high standards, supporting people to stay close to their communities and homes, and outside of acute and institutional care where it is appropriate. We help our community to be as independent as possible, and we have a clear focus on early intervention. Working closely with our community and health colleagues to improve people's lives.
We are looking for experienced, qualified social workers who share our values and commitment and are passionate about improving the lives of local residents. As a Social Worker, you will have knowledge and experience of relevant legislation. You will have the ability to undertake innovative assessments and care planning with individuals, carers and their personal support networks. Along with supporting people with the right care and information at the right time, you will support vulnerable adults and lead on safeguarding enquiries. Although the role will be predominately working with adults with physical disabilities, there is a cross over with mental health and other areas of social work. Working in a fast-paced Adult’s Team that covers the north and south of the borough, supporting clients to enable independence, promote wellbeing and work alongside colleagues in different agencies.
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance and we are committed to ensuring that not only to do our staff have the right PPE, but they have the right equipment to enable them to work from home.
Please refer to the Job Description for further information on the role.
You will be an innovative, positive and dedicated individual that welcomes a challenge and embraces change. Passionate about working with adults and able to make crucial decisions. You will be a good problem solver, capable of meeting client’s requirements and working towards the team’s main objectives. To succeed in this role, you will have a flexible approach to work with an aptitude for working independently.
As a Social Worker, you will need:
• BA, BSc, DIPSW or CQSW or MA in Social Work or equivalent
• Registered with Social Work England
• Commitment to undertake CPD training as required
The role will require the successful individual to:
• Help provide a service that improves the availability and quality of advice and information for all residents. Providing timely and responsive assessments and delivering personalised care to support users and carers with to help shape their own lives and the services they receive.
• Assess, according to the statutory framework the needs of people who are referred to Adult Social Care.
• Arrange services for all residents in need of social care support in a safe, timely and effective manner.
• Liaise effectively and work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations
• Ensure all service users are enabled to maximise all adults’ outcomes, independence and wellbeing.
• Involve adults and carers in the monitoring and improvement of the service.
In return, we offer a range of benefits for our employees including:
• Competitive Salary
• Up to 33 days Annual leave
• High quality Pension Scheme
• Strong commitment to regular professional supervision
• Excellent training and good management support with continuing professional development
• Flexible Working
• Staff benefit scheme/staff discounts
Please apply online and ensure that you specify how to meet the person specification, organisational values and job description in your personal statement. CV’s will not be considered for this application.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Adult Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Housing Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Community Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)