Housing Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen with City of York Council for a Housing Development Manager to play a pivotal role in the delivery of the Council’s ambitious programme to develop healthy, sustainable and accessible homes for the people of York.
The successful candidate will take on project management responsibility for the development of older person’s accommodation, as well as working collaboratively with colleagues and partners to enable the provision of homes to meet the needs of our aging population.
The programme aims to significantly raise the standards of residential place-making in York and for our developments to raise expectations and inspire others to deliver better. Our homes will be low carbon and provide flexible living to enable people to live how they want. We are looking to deliver new homes through strong collaboration with our communities to ensure we deliver the best outcomes.
We are looking for someone who can see opportunities for joint working with RSLs, commercial partners and land owners and is able to demonstrate how working in partnership can raise standards, aspirations and value for money.
You will be responsible for:
- Identification of suitable sites
- Engaging with our communities and other stakeholders to understand the opportunities and constraints of each site
- Ensuring financial viability of proposals
- Procurement of consultants and development partners through council and external framework agreements
- Working closely with Homes England to secure grant funding
- Securing planning permissions
- Working closely with internal colleagues, external support and development partners to ensure the successful delivery of new homes on time and budget and to high standards
- Supporting the sales, letting and marketing process of the houses
You will need:
- To have a track record of partnership working, influencing and collaboration
- The ability and experience to project manage new housing development
- An understanding of the development, planning and associated legal processes
- An understanding of financial viability of housing development and an ability to support the creation of financial appraisals and cashflows for housing developments
- The ability to read, analyse and explain detailed plan drawings whilst adding value to the design process
- The ability to gather, analyse and summarise information from a range of sources and generate reports and briefing documents within timescales
- The ability to lead and manage project teams to deliver positive outcomes
The post will involve site visits and meetings.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Vicky Japes (Head of the Older Person’s Accommodation Programme) at email@example.com or on 07983953379.
Closing date: Wednesday 27 January 2021 at 12 midnight
Interview date: 9 and 10 February 2021