Town Centre Senior Project Officer (1x Permanent, 1x 12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About the Growth and Development Directorate
We are shaping Barnet as a place to Live, Work, Study and Visit. Through Barnet’s Growth Strategy we are delivering the housing, connectivity, support for businesses and town centres, and social infrastructure needed to sustain and improve local communities. Our Planning, Housing, Regeneration, Economic Development, and Estates services are a community of talented people solving the real-world problems and challenges that need to addressed to deliver change and improve lives. We are delivering this all through many strategic partnerships that collectively form one of the largest development programmes in England.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the future vitality of Barnet’s town centres. The Town Centre Senior Project Officer will be responsible for scoping and project managing the capital delivery of works identified within Town Centre Strategies across multiple centres that combine economic, social and physical interventions.
You will be will be required to work closely with the Town Centres Investment manager to help inform and develop the strategic thinking and continue to scope and access funding for future capital and revenue funded work identified within.
- Commissioning and project managing to deliver key projects identified to support Barnet’s town centre improvement programme, including over-seeing public realm improvement projects, asset development, delivering business support initiatives and other interventions as necessary.
- Leading stakeholder engagement activities with residents, businesses and others in Barnet town centres.
- Financial and project reporting; monitoring the capital expenditure of Capital Projects and Programmes being managed.
- Extensive industry experience working on strategic and capital project delivery within the realms of Regeneration, Economic Development and or Placemaking.
- Well demonstrated experience in project management of complex Architectural and/or Public Realm capital projects.
- Professional qualification such as ARB architect, Prince level 2 or equivalent.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, and ability to work with and influence senior management and local government politicians.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
Please note due to COVID-19 circumstances at present the role is mostly remote from home but there may be a requirement to attend the office to undertake some work duties.
How to apply
Click on the apply button and on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact Ashleigh Watkins, Town Centre Investment Manager, Ashleigh.Watkins@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.