Community Innovations & Funding Manager
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
Growth and Corporate Services is a busy and diverse directorate sitting at the heart of the council with responsibilities ranging from large scale regeneration and housing to customer services and corporate reporting and risk management. The Strategy, Communications and Engagement team works with colleagues across the organisation to support the delivery of our priorities and shape the council’s future direction – particularly in responding to the coronavirus pandemic. The last 12 months have been a particularly challenging time for our community and much of the work the Strategy, Communications and Engagement team is currently doing is central to developing the council’s long-term response. We are a council that believes in delivering through partnership, and we particularly value the close working relationship we have with our voluntary and community sector.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a Community Innovations & Funding Manager to help secure funding for Barnet’s voluntary sector, and in particular support the design, development and growth of the Barnet Community Innovations Fund. A new fund that has been set up to stimulate innovative projects in the field of preventative services for health and adult social care.
- Encourage innovation and creativity, and the coproduction of new initiatives and services delivered by this sector to improve outcomes for residents across the borough.
- Maintain strategic oversight of VCS resourcing in Barnet, including all funding provided via the council, as well as trust and foundation funds and other external sources.
- Work with Finance to develop and maintain a menu of social value themes, outcomes and measures (TOMs) for Barnet.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of funded initiatives, developing bespoke evaluation frameworks where necessary.
- Deliver the objectives of the Fund as outlined in the strategic plan and promote the Fund to local organisations and individuals across Barnet.
The Community Innovations & Funding Manager will have excellent project management skills and proven ability to develop strategic plans and monitor their delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of securing external funding for voluntary and community sector organisations.
- A project management qualification would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of developing and implementing financial management processes; with proven experience of overseeing a budget over multiple workstreams
- Proven skills in bid writing, evaluation and assessment ideally for not-for-profit organisations
- Good understanding of adult social care, health and public health services
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret research, legislation and policy and present it in an accessible way
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
Please note due to covid circumstances at present the role is mostly remote from home but there may be a requirement to attend the office to undertake some work duties.
How to apply
Click on the apply button and on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact William Cooper, Community Engagement & Strategy Lead, William.Cooper@Barnet.gov.uk
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.