Service Director – Children’s Health & Wellbeing
Wakefield is ambitious for our children and young people and we are passionate about supporting them and their families to have the very best start in life.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a new pivotal role in improving outcomes for children that will make a real and positive difference through our innovative ‘Wakefield Families Together’ service integration agenda.
Reporting to the Director for Children Services, you will bring together the key planning and delivery leads for children’s health and wellbeing services and create a joined up, innovative approach under one leadership structure.
As our first Service Director for Children’s Health & Wellbeing, you will have the opportunity to build a whole new service area, bringing together different teams and leaders from across the local authority, education and health organisations. You will have the backing of local leaders, chief officers and strategic partnerships.
The key objectives for the role will be to integrate services across the 0 to 25 age range and:
- Build a strong delivery and planning process that supports service improvement across children’s health, early help, social care and education systems.
- Build a high performing team that brings together leaders from across the Council, health and education partners as part of a new leadership framework.
- Drive the integration of children’s services to ensure services work together; are seamless, innovative and responsive to local needs.
- Deliver reductions in the number of children and families needing intensive, higher-cost or long-term services.
Our new Service Director will champion early intervention, creative approaches and consistently high standards of service. You will provide systems leadership across a range of complex strategic landscapes and against the backdrop of a rapidly changing national and local policy context.
This is a diverse and complex role - but a rewarding and exciting one for the right person. We are looking for a transformational leader with a track record of building partnerships that make a difference to children’s lives. You will be an effective influencer, solution-focused and enjoy working alongside colleagues that value teamwork and sharing learning.
If you would like to find out more email Beate Wagner Director of Children’s Services on email@example.com or call on 01924 307728.
All information is included on our microsite www.ourwakefield.co.uk.
To apply please submit an up to date copy of your CV, contact details and a supporting statement that sets out the role applied for along with how you meet the essential criteria set out in the role profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application will be 12 midnight on the 8th February 2021. Technical interviews are planned for week commencing 22nd February with final Interview panels taking place across week commencing 1st March 2021.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Wakefield
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Wakefield
- Health and Social Care Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Wakefield
- Health Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Wakefield
- Children's Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Wakefield