Applications Analyst - Social Care Applications
This position will initially be in line with current government guidance and be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change, the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Technology Services (TS) deliver business critical applications that are essential to the business operations in meeting the Stretegic Objectives of the Council. The Social Care Applications team are responsible for providing support, maintenance, development and configuration activities for social care applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Applications Analyst within the social care applications team. You will be responsible for 2nd line support, application maintenance, implementation of new functionality and system configuration activities for the case management system (Mosaic) so that the business process becomes more efficient and user friendly. You will collaborate with business analysts, front-end social work teams and performance teams to deliver high quality applications and user experiences.
This is your chance to play a key technical role in ongoing system development and improvement and also make an important contribution to several ongoing projects being undertaken by the adults and children's social care.
- Work collaboratively to meet required Service and Operational Levels, and application performance objectives.
- Responsible for the resolution of Application Incidents, Major Incidents and Problems
- Responsible for implementing approved requests for change
- Responsible for the Implementation, Release and Deployment process for the installation of applications, upgrades, patching and changes
- Responsible for working collaboratively to deliver application work plans in support of projects and BAU maintenance activities
- Maintain in depth, up-to-date business knowledge, specialist technical skills and market intelligence relating to the relevant applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to A Level or equivalent by experience.
- Qualification or high level of demonstrable capability with relevant vendor business applications
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
- Experience of leading on project workstreams/activity
- Ability to translate customer requirements into system changes
- Previous system development experience ideally within the public sector
- Good analytical skills
- (Desirable) Knowledge / Experience of system development within, Children Social Care, Adult Social Care
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.