Transport & Parking Services Manager
Competitive salary of up to £51,916 per Annum + Benefits + Car Allowance + Excellent relocation package!
We are looking for a strategic, innovative, and performance-focused manager to lead our Parking Services team and as Transport lead working closely with our Planning team on delivering strategies for all transport modes, consultations submissions, Electric Vehicles charging schemes, and resident parking related schemes. This role provides an ideal opportunity for the right person to join us to lead, develop and adapt our services to meet the changing demands that we’ll face over the coming years.
As the Council’s expert for the provision of these services, you will manage a single client team, working with the Highways authorities, Kent County Council and Highways England to deliver our strategic aims for the transport needs of the future within the district.
We expect our managers to be innovative and to be continually seeking opportunities to improve their services and to achieve this you will need to work closely with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the way we manage our resources and parking delivers maximum financial and environmental benefits for both the council and its residents.
This position offers excellent opportunities for an ambitious individual to develop their experience and progress their career.
In return we offer a competitive salary of up to £51,916 you can expect the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to undertake further professional development
- 24 Days Leave, Bank Holidays, Christmas Closure + increasing holiday allowance to reflect the length of service.
- Private healthcare scheme
- Excellent local government pension scheme with the opportunity for staff make advanced voluntary contributions to top of their pension
- Relocation package for candidates outside the area
- Pleasant working environment
- Generous car package
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted membership for Dover Leisure Centre which is within easy walking distance
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- The opportunity to live and work within a seaside location that is bursting with heritage accompanied by a number of towns and rural villages that are all within easy reach of the coast. Other benefits of living in the district include the excellent transportation links to London and across the continent via High-speed Train - Click here to find out more reasons to live in the Dover District!
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following as a minimum requirement:
- A degree in a related discipline or equivalent
- Extensive experience of Parking Services in accordance the Traffic Management Act 2004 with a proven track record of delivery of successful outcomes.
- Experience of transport related projects or strategies and a proven track record of delivery of successful outcomes.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to build partnerships to support service delivery.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality services to our residents, businesses, visitors and tourists, we want to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Standard DBS as part of their pre-employment clearances.
For further information about this post please contact Roger Wragg on 01304 872054 for an informal, confidential discussion regarding this position.
Interview date TBC.