Social Worker - Post Adoption
Social Worker - Post Adoption
Permanent, Part Time
£30,906 to £42,254 per annum
Location: ChelmsfordClosing Date: 14th February 2021
Please note this role is Part Time 30 hours per week
In Essex County Council, we are "Serious about Social Work"
Click here to find out more about working with Children and Families at Essex County Council: https://view.pagetiger.com/cerbygt/1
Having won the "Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award" and been awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn't enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
The Post Adoption team is a countywide team that works alongside five other adoption teams responsible for the assessment, recruitment, placement and support of adoptive families. The work within the team is varied and offers a wide range of post adoption support to assist children, adoptive families and adopted adults to manage the impact of adoption on family life.
The team delivers a variety of countywide services:
- Assessment of needs for adopted children and their families.
- Supporting adopters and children post adoption order.
- Schedule 2 counselling for adopted adults.
- Managing and supporting direct and indirect contact arrangements post adoption order.
- Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleague.
- We are passionate about the use of reflective practice and the use of attachment, sensory and trauma-based theory and practice. Our social work is delivered within this framework.
- Good collaborative relationships with other local adoption agencies, as part of our commitment to a regional adoption alliance.
- Great training pathways for staff with regular Agency Development days, and opportunities for all staff to develop direct work skill.
- Good working relationships with other teams and professionals.Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision with access to individual sessions with a psychologist to discuss cases.
You will need
- Diploma or degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Registration with the Social Work England as a registered Social Worker.
- Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards eg Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS)
- Case recording
- Demonstrate ability in the application of social work knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems eg, Word, social work case recording systems.
- Required to work flexibly as required, including evenings and weekends if necessary
In turn, we can offer you a highly competitive package that includes access to our desirable pension scheme, life assurance (of three times your salary), generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional holiday. Optional benefits such as tax-free savings on childcare and discounted health and dental care are also available, and we will encourage you to develop your skills with ongoing training opportunities.
Crucially, we know that there is more to life than work. We are a motivated and enthusiastic team - but we want you to find an exceptional work/life balance. As such, you will be encouraged to make the most of our commitment to flexible working arrangements.
So, if you want a better quality of life - complemented by a high degree of job satisfaction - then we would be delighted to welcome you to our friendly and inclusive team.Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.