Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £35,363 per annum
Closing Date: 16th February 2021
Please note this is a fixed term contract for 12 months
The Content Adviser sits in a team of four at the strategic heart of corporate Communications and Marketing in Essex County Council. The team is driven by a user centred approach using data and insight. Well versed at working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, you'll find a fit with this supportive team who are looking for a digital marketing specialist with a broad range of skills across the discipline. You'll be championing and leading new ways of working within the department as well as the wider organisation.
Key deliverables during the fixed term contract will include:
- Leading on the procurement of an email marketing system on behalf of key stakeholders across the organisation. Experience of procuring a similar system or organisational wide software preferable.
- Planning, creating and evaluating content for the Communications and Marketing toolkit - an internal resource for communications professionals within the organisation
The Content Adviser will focus on planning, creating and uploading compelling content in support of specific corporate programmes of activity and will ensure all content is high quality and user focussed.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Adopt a user focused, digital first approach to work
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Work in a fast-moving and customer first environment
- Ensure adherence to GDPR UK
- Understand the importance of data at every stage of content planning, creation, amplification, engagement and evaluation, and being proficient in Google Analytics
Content Design knowledge is preferable as the role will also include updating key platforms on ECC's digital estate, maintaining quality assurance, including accessibility (compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA), as well as writing appropriately for digital, based on used needs and optimised for search.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to degree level, or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area, you will bring with you experience working as part of a content team in a large organisation with experience of writing for the web.
You will have the ability to deliver accessible content that is AA compliant and to create content that is in Plain English and optimised for search engines, you will be able demonstrate a good understanding of content strategy, and you will have proven ability to use Google Analytics and user feedback to define and improve content
Above all, you will have evidence of strong project management skills with good oral communication skills, alongside strong people skills including influencing and challenging decisions that don't meet user need.