Team Manager Care and Assessment
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) is a vibrant and attractive area of London, close to the best culture that London has to offer. The work offers a range of experience, working with several diverse communities. You will be surrounded by supportive and friendly colleagues, in a reflective workplace culture where continuing professional development is well-embedded. We will support you to continue developing your skills through our many learning and development opportunities and through personal development planning conversations with your line manager.
We are looking for exceptional Team Managers to join our Adults, Complex Team. As a Team Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a productive team of social workers, occupational therapists, and independent living assessors. Your day-to-day role will include effectively managing referrals, allocations, safeguarding’s and complaints, handling supervision and driving performance that contributes to the overall vision of RBKC. You will play a significant part in streamlining processes and performance and helping the organisation to navigate change.
Please refer to the Job Description for further information on the role.
As a Team Manager you will possess excellent communication skills, have experience of managing a social care team and demonstrate a commitment to delivering a high-quality and value for money service. You’ll share our values and vision for increasing independence, wellbeing and for collaborative working with our internal and external partners.
The Team Manager role will involve:
- Leading, directing, and developing the functions and operational management of a community team that are at different stages of planning for/ or achieving integration with health.
- Operationally managing a portfolio of health and social care services, ensuring high quality, value for money services are delivered in accordance with key performance standards and contractual requirements.
- Ensuring that the team provides an excellent service to residents and meets the Local Authorities and Central London Community Healthcare NHS trusts performance targets and legislative and policy requirements including Safeguarding and the Mental Capacity Act and effective risk management.
- Manage and control budgets for the purchase and provision of health and social care services ensuring quality, value for money service. Manage the budget for the portfolio of services, working closely with Finance colleagues to monitor expenditure and taking appropriate action.
We welcome applicants from all social care backgrounds. For more information about this role, please refer to the job description, or contact Marcia Richards for an informal chat.
In return, we offer a range of benefits for our employees including:
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 33 days Annual leave
- High quality Pension Scheme
- Strong commitment to regular professional supervision
- Excellent training and support with continuing professional development
- Flexible Working
- Staff benefit scheme/staff discounts
Please apply online and specify on your application how you meet the skills, knowledge and qualities specified in the job description and person specification.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Health Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Adult Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)