Health and Social Care Tutor
Health and Social Care Tutor
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £26,800.50 per annum
Closing Date: 23rd February 2021
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a tutor to deliver Health and Social Care to our adult learners at a variety of levels. You will be required to design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs.
Hours will be variable according to curriculum needs. The successful candidate may be required to work daytimes, evenings and/or Saturdays.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
* Plan and deliver effective learning programmes using blended learning approaches for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
* Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
* Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
* Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
* Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
* Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
* Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
* To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
* To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Subject specific qualification or proven expertise in Health, Clinical or Social Care
· Experience or qualifications for Level 5 leader in health or social care preferred
· Teaching / training experience
· PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE or subject specialism equivalent
· Level 3 Assessing qualification
· Level 4 Quality Assurance qualification is preferred
· Minimum Level 2 English and maths, and have good ICT skills
· Experience in delivering health, clinical and social care qualifications
· Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation.
· Nationally recognised teaching qualification (or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g. City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
· Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge
· Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding