Permanent, Full Time
Up to £43,299 per annum
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council is one of the county's largest employers, with over 7,500 who are responsible for services across adults and children's social care, environment and waste, transport, education, planning and benefits.
The Service Transformation team is one of the few established multi-disciplinary teams in local government. You and your team will directly support the front line of local service delivery and you will get experience across a diverse range of public services. You will help to understand and articulate the needs of real people and will see the impact that your work has on people's lives. In these unprecedented times your focus on users and digital skills will enable you to play an important role in Essex's post-pandemic recovery.
At ECC you'll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. You can find out more about us and the work we do on our Service Transformation blog.
What you'll do
· build and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders to understand their business goals and how our technology and digital capabilities can help them achieve these goals
· develop a deep understanding of the users' needs and champion these in the delivery of your product
· help define, explain, and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, delivery team and stakeholders
· lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver a product and continuously improve it through several iterations
· support the management of a product backlog, writing user stories and making decisions about prioritisation based on evidence and outcomes
· engage with users and stakeholders in a range of settings to encourage take-up and use of your product
· set measurable goals for your product and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits
· help support the vision, roadmaps, and delivery of other products in your programme and at ECC
· play an active role in the ECC Service Transformation team by sharing your learning and celebrating progress made by other people and teams
· Experience of working in a project where you helped prioritise the delivery of value to users and often
· Experience in engaging with users and identifying how their needs can and are being met by products and services
· Experience of digital delivery work in a multi-disciplinary team, involving design, development and content roles
· Have a working understanding of design, technology and data principles and the importance of assisted digital support in designing services that meet user needs
· Experience of identifying, communicating, and working within constraints.
· Experience of working on a project where you had to convince others that a product is the right one, based on user needs and other evidence
· Have strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that you are able to tailor to the needs of the audience
· Experience of setting up and managing a backlog of work, and have been responsible for setting the priority order
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter when prompted. Your cover letter should present demonstrable experience for all the bullet points listed under "Your Skills".
Please try to use real examples and tell us what the situation was, what you did and what the result was.
We are planning to hold interviews on 3rd and 5th March 2021