Social Worker - Adoption
Social Worker - Adoption
Permanent, Full Time
£30,906 to £42,254 per annum
Closing date: 25th February 2021
We currently have opportunities in our Adoption Teams Countywide
For more information on the Children and Families Functions, the services within the function and the office locations we work from please click on the following link:https://view.pagetiger.com/cerbygt/1
In Essex County Council, we are "Serious about Social Work"
Having won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award and been awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn't enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
Our Adoption Teams
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team of social workers who co-ordinate, undertake and support assessment of suitable adoptive households and seek to identify suitable adoptive placement for children whose care plans are one of adoption. The teams are based in Harlow, Colchester and Chelmsford however the adoption agency covers the county and therefore we support colleagues in our neighbouring quadrant teams when required.
What you'll need to join our Social Work teams
- A diploma or degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Registration with the Social Work England as a registered Social Worker.
- Be able to demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge& Skills Statement (KSS).
- Experience of leading a team in a Social Care environment.
- Experience or a good understanding of working within Children and Family/Fostering services.
- Open to change and ready to innovate, you will be keen to join an environment where you can stretch yourself professionally, make an impact individually and deliver positive outcomes collaboratively.
- Court experience preferable.
- Analytical report writing skills are essential.
- Understanding impact of neglect/abuse on children and trauma in children important.
- Flexible working is required with occasional out of county work.
- Writing in-depth analytical reports.
- you will be committed to systemic, relationship based social work, providing effective, innovative interventions and with the ability to build good partnerships, both with our external partners and within the organisation.
In turn, we can offer you a highly competitive package that includes access to our desirable pension scheme, life assurance (of three times your salary), generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional holiday. Optional benefits such as tax-free savings on childcare and discounted health and dental care are also available, and we will encourage you to develop your skills with ongoing training opportunities.
Crucially, we know that there is more to life than work. We are a motivated and enthusiastic team - but we want you to find an exceptional work/life balance. As such, you will be encouraged to make the most of our commitment to flexible working arrangements.
So, if you want a better quality of life - complemented by a high degree of job satisfaction - then we would be delighted to welcome you to our friendly and inclusive team.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.