Independent Visitor Support Officer
Independent Visitor Support Officer
Up to £22,454 per annum
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines
Children and Families service is recognised for a culture of working together with partners delivering a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions which build resilience, remove barriers and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
The Initial Enquiries Worker will support the recruitment of Independent Visitors, providing a knowledgeable, informative and supportive service to applicants. Providing advice and guidance and following up enquiries. The role will also be involved in marketing and recruitment activities to actively promote ECC Independent Visitor service.
The Initial Enquiries worker will have an awareness of the criteria and expectations of Independent Visitors and the challenges and issues that can impact on children's behaviour and reasons for coming into foster care. The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Responsible for following up potential interest by telephone, email and text messaging, contacting applicants outside of office hours to ensure availability.
- Ensure relevant service information is shared with potential applicant throughout the recruitment and assessment process
- Acts as first point of contact, engaging with members of the public that are enquiring about, and applying to become an Independent Visitor.
- Maintain statistical information regarding numbers of enquiries and reasons for closure, producing comprehensive statistics as required.
- Work collaboratively with the communications teams to contribute to recruitment activities.
- Record and administer IV expenses and all bookings for the IV Training courses, ensuring all logistical and catering arrangements are made.
- Responsible for highlighting issues and implementing plans to safeguard a child.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Support the work of the wider Involvement Service where applicable
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience, which may include specific practical qualifications, such as, apprenticeships.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of working with the public and the ability to maintain clear boundaries and open communication with clients and colleagues.
- An awareness of the criteria and expectations of Independent Visitors, challenges and issues that can impact on children's behaviour and reasons for coming into foster care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to act assertively and resolve conflict.
- Familiarity with the Children Act 1989·
- Ability to manage own workload and time effectively
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Support Worker £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Witham
- Administration Support Worker £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Witham
- Health and Social Care Support Worker £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Witham
- Children's Services Support Worker £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Witham
- Social Care Support Worker £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Witham