Technical Officer (Housing Standards and Adaptations Service)
We are seeking an enthusiastic Technical Officer to join our team to help deliver the disabled facilities grant and council housing adaptation programme. The successful applicant will:
- a) Respond to requests for adaptations across all tenures
- b) Inspect and provide technical drawings and specifications written reports on properties and schedules of work. Where necessary provide feasibility reports with sketch plans, schedules of work and estimated costs.
- c) Work closely with other professionals such as occupational therapists, and officers in Housing and Building Maintenance, during the course of the work.
- d) Carry out all necessary contract duties in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts including on site supervision and liaison with contractor and attending any necessary progress meetings.
This appointment is 18.5 hours of a job share.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C2: Can express him/herself spontaneously at length with a natural conversational flow, avoiding or backtracking around any difficulty so smoothly that the person with whom they are conversing is hardly aware of it.
The Council is highly committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
For further information, or an informal discussion, please contact Ruth Abbott (Head of Service) on 01904 554092 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or James Bailey (Senior Officer) on 01904 554193 or at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 8 March 2021 at 12 midnight
Interview date: W/C Monday 15 March 2021
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in York
- Health Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in York
- Adult Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in York
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in York
- Housing Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in York