Commissioning Manager - SEND
Commissioning is a key function within ECC, working across the system to improve outcomes for Essex residents and bring about significant change to manage future challenges. This role leverages expertise and capability to enable a more flexible and agile commissioning environment to succeed in delivering the organisations strategic objectives. This leader will work collaboratively, promoting long term thinking and innovation to foster the conditions in which outcomes can be delivered.
The role is focused on and responsible for leading and delivering a range of programmes, working collaboratively across the system, to support the delivery of ECCs strategic objectives from within the Adults and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams. The primary focus will be on leading the commissioning activity related to the violence and vulnerabilities programme.
The role will lead on strategic engagement with stakeholders and external partners, exerting influence in a complex and political environment to achieve agreed outcomes, aligned to both corporate and functional strategic objectives.
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements.
The role is accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met.
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our citizens on a financially sustainable basis
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans.
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating service to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered
- Managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function
- Equality and Diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk
- Deliver exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues
- Drives commissioning programmes to meet priorities, as agreed with relevant Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy within Adults and Children and Families and, where appropriate, stakeholders and partners, ensuring plans are implemented with capability, ability and consistency to ensure outcomes are delivered, whilst ensuring value for money and sustainability.
- Work collaboratively across the system to achieve greater efficiency throughout the organisation to reflect local need and is evidence based to deliver the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting the Councils' interests.
- Accountable for providing support and influence to Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy, leading delivery across a portfolio of commissioning activity, to implement outcomes and solutions.
- Lead on the development and engagement of a broad portfolio of stakeholders, across Essex and the wider system in order to deliver collective outcomes.
- Accountable for ensuring proficient commissioning capability and capacity as part of the Adult and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams to deliver specific programmed commissioning activity to improve outcomes.
- Leading on specific commissioning programmes and activities that will deliver the business plans and drive further continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost-effective services or place shaping activities.
- Collaboratively co-produce design solutions, drawing on good data and insight, expertise methods and approaches from within the council, across Essex and nationally.
- Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.