Senior HSEQ Advisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join North Yorkshire County Council's Shared Health and Safety Service to support the newly created company, NY Highways.
NY Highways will become fully operational from 1st May 2021, and as such we are looking for a talented, experienced HSEQ professional to join our respected team to influence and drive forward company culture. This is a new role, supporting a new company that is committed to fulfilling its HSEQ obligations, and as such it is a rare opportunity to make a difference at such a critical moment.
Our flexible delivery model means that whilst based in one of the NY Highways operational hubs across the County with access to a vehicle, you will be able to use other work bases and home depending upon the needs of the client. As an organisation, we are committed to supporting professional development, and as part of a wider team of health and safety professionals you have colleagues to provide support as and when it may be needed
To be successful you should have:
- An in depth understanding of health and safety practices and relevant legislation.
- Understanding of quality management systems including ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Qualified to or equivalent in City and Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice and National and Vocational Qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) Level 5 Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
- Experience of working with and implementing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
We will consider a Level 3 Occupational Health and Safety Practice BUT only if demonstrable experience of working within a senior level within the Highways Sector and experience of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems. This also includes a willingness to work towards the Level 6 NCQR Diploma in Applied Health and Safety.
We are committed to delivering excellent services to our clients so we challenge ourselves and our team to look at ways to continually improve. This requires our team members to think innovatively and be supportive of colleagues which on occasion can be in challenging situations.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Work for a forward-thinking, reputable organisation
- Progress your career through continual professional and personal development
- Experience diverse portfolios and specialisms
- Deliver services on a commercial basis
- Operate autonomously using a range of working methods.
- Access a range of benefits including generous leave entitlement, flexible working, local government pension scheme, salary sacrifice and employee discount benefits.
For an informal discussion regarding our fantastic opportunity please contract Stuart Langston on 07896 956980 or email email@example.com