Senior Social Worker - Countywide Outreach Team
***This is a temporary position for up to 6 months***
About the role
This is a countywide role, with some requirement to travel out of Essex on occasions, in addition to working across ECC sites in Essex. The team has a strong focus on supporting adults with learning disabilities and complex needs, working with providers in complex residential and supported living services. The team comprises of social workers, community support workers and occupational therapist working across all ages.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Current registration with Social Work England as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making, person-centred planning and professional curiosity in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential
For informal enquiries regarding Outreach please contact Kemi Ojo, Team Manager on 03330320798 / 07860876868
Sorry, newly qualified social workers will not be considered.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.